FINTEL Business Analyzer Professional is an easy to understand financial benchmarking and analysis tool designed to provide you with a clear and comprehensive analysis of your company's or you clients' companies' financial performance in relation to industry peers/competitors. The analysis covers all major aspects of financial management including liquidity, profitability, asset efficiency and growth.
All financial data entered is strictly confidential and will not be used by FINTEL nor be shared with any other party. It is also not being used for our benchmarking database.
Business Analyzer is a modular system designed to give you exactly the tools you need without overburdening you with financial detail that is not relevant to you.
Business Analyzer is an Online Application hosted by Fintel LLC. No software or special hardware is required on your end to use this system.
- Obtain a comprehensive picture of your or a client's company's financial performance
- Discover strengths and weaknesses of a company that are reflected in financial figures
- See how the company performs on major financial indicators compared to industry peers/competitors based on our reliable benchmarking data
- Obtain valuable practical ideas on what activities would improve certain key financial performance aspects such as profitability, liquidity and growth
- Receive results presented in a very professional manner without additional effort
Choose from the selection to learn more about the benefits of FINTEL's products pertaining to a particular customer group:
- All financial data entered is strictly confidential and will not be used by FINTEL nor be shared with any other party. It is also not being used for our benchmarking database. Screenshot
- Requires input of twelve accounts from the income statement and twenty accounts from balance sheet (soon with automatic Quick Books import) Screenshot
- Calculates and displays fifteen commonly used financial ratios Screenshot
- Shows industry financial benchmarks comparable to the business under analysis out of a selection of over 2,500 industry segments Screenshot
- Graphically depicts the relative position of the company within the industry range of each of the performance indicators Screenshot
- Suggests practical recommendations for improving financial performance based on the results of the analysis Screenshot
The standard Modules in Business Analyzer Professional are intended to satisfy the fundamental needs of financial analysis. They provide detailed analyses of business performance in liquidity, profitability and sustainable growth.
- Financial Ratio Industry Benchmarking Analysis Screenshot
- Provides common-size financial statement comparisons, both in percent and dollar terms
- Offers comparisons of company's performance to the industry on 15 ratios; broken down into three major categories: liquidity, profitability and asset/employment efficiency
- Compares each ratio to the industry median and the industry range from the bottom to top deciles
- Profitability Analysis Screenshot
- Provides industry specific profitability benchmarking information
- Computes Return on Asset Investment (ROAI), a powerful measure of the earnings achieved by a company using its full asset investment
- Analyzes and recommends actions to improve the earnings power of a firm
- Provides interactive capabilities for modeling earnings impacts of specific management decisions along with industry comparisons to guide the profitability improvement decisions
- Indicates the firm's ability to meet new financial obligations
- Liquidity Analysis Screenshot
- Provides industry specific cash sufficiency benchmarking information
- Computes Net Balance Position (NBP), a highly effective measure of the cash liquidity position of a business
- Analyzes and recommends actions to correct negative cash flow situations
- Provides interactive capabilities for modeling the cash liquidity impact of specific management decisions along with industry comparisons to guide cash position improvement options
- Estimates the cash conversion cycle to measure the time it takes of $1 invested in working capital to return in the form of revenue
- Sustainable Growth Analysis Screenshot
- Computes the rate at which a company can afford to grow its sales without running into liquidity problems
- Provides industry sustainable growth benchmarking information
- Analyzes and recommends actions to improve sustainable growth performance if needed
- Provides interactive capabilities for modeling affordable growth rate impacts of specific management decisions along with industry comparisons to guide affordable growth rate improvement decisions
- Statement Spreading Screenshot
- Places financial statements from different operating periods side-by-side
- Computes common-size percentages and financial ratios from multiple years
- Generates a cash-flow statements
The optional Modules in Business Analyzer Professional are intended to satisfy some of the more specific needs of financial analysis.
- Valuation Screenshot
- Estimates the fair market value of a firm using five commonly used methods, including book value, capitalized earnings, growth capitalized, industry P/E estimates and operating income multiples
- Provides industry valuation benchmarking not available anywhere else
- Suggests a combined value estimate using a weighted average formula
- Estimates the excess or deficit dollar value of a firm compared to similar firms in the same industry
- Provides interactive capabilities for modeling business value impacts of specific management decisions
- Loan Risk Screenshot
- Provides credit screening and production tool for loan application processing including an early warning system;
- Uses a state-of-the-art loan repayment prediction method (not just bankruptcy prediction) based on a double-cut system comprising estimates of short-term liquidity needs and long-term earning viability
- Provides an effective risk-pricing tool based on a powerful analysis of applicants' financial performance and industry benchmarking;
- Liquidity Projection and Pro-Forma Generation Screenshot
- Provides an easy to use worksheet for projecting a company's liquidity situation in the future
- Generates a full set of pro-forma financial statements
- Provides interactive capabilities to help model liquidity performance
- Square Footage Efficiency Screenshot
- Analyzes the efficiency achieved by a company per unit of its area in comparison to the industry peers
- Provides geographic regionalization of the benchmarking data by different states
"My clients love the FINTEL reports that I give them in addition to their financial statements every quarter. I think its one of those things that helps me retain clients longer than other CPAs."Maria Flores (CPA)
"Fintel is a tool that separates the extraordinary from the ordinary in financial consulting. It is easy to use and provides valuable and accurate business benchmarking information about my clients' businesses. It also assists in facilitating a productive conversation between me as an accountant and the businesses owner. If you are a business consultant and do not use this tool, you are not giving your clients the best solution."Stephanie Barganz (Partner, Bodilly CPA's)
"This is stuff my CPA should be doing… I'd switch my accountant if one did it."Bob Antebi (Business Owner)
"These are the most effective tools in the market to help my clients evaluate their business."Tom Noteboom (Business Coach)
"The Fintel analyses and reports have been instrumental in getting our last three clients to come on board and have brought a level of credibility to our own JumpStart Business Development Business Plan that has astonished us and the people of influence that we have shared it with."Paul L. Cole (President, JumpStart Business Development)
"As a Texas based Small Business Development Center (SBDC) agent I have tried multiple financial tools to help me help my clients in good times and bad. I have used financial benchmarks from RMA, Financial Studies in Small Business, and BizMiner but have come back to the Fintel system for valuation, benchmarking, and for assisting clients to understand the changes needed in their business. The information is easy to read and readily available on the Internet when I need it. With its more complete and accurate database and the prediction tools it makes my work all that more effective!"SBDC Agent, TX
"Would like to say I believe your product is outstanding."Larry Heller (Business Coach)
"The board and management were more then impressed with the data! I can't overstate the value of my taking that call from pro|business coaches. It turned out that Fintel tools provided the most highly competitive and strategic information SuperFlow has ever had. The board and management decisions coming out of that session were tremendously well informed! I felt like a hero."Bill Pearce (Controller)
"I was working with a new client who is preparing to launch an auto repair business. It was only our second visit together and I have been helping him draft a business plan and putting together a pro forma budget model for him. I decided to plug the pro forma budget model into FINTEL to see how our assumptions compared to existing auto repair businesses of the same size, and we were both pleased to see that our assumptions were right on as compared to existing businesses of the same size. This made my client feel much more confident that he could indeed move forward with the launch as scheduled and I believe that the FINTEL tool was the "proof in the pudding" that he needed to start feeling like his dream was going to become a reality. Thanks FINTEL!"Randy Nowell (President, Success Coaching & Business Development)
"I have 14 years experience dealing with asset-based loans, substandard credits and higher risk government guaranteed loans. Because the FINTEL product provides the greatest accuracy in industry benchmarking information, I can make more credible recommendations to the lenders who finance the projects. Today, there is nothing better than FINTEL to help lenders understand what measures have the most impact on the short and long-term liquidity and profitability of the businesses they finance!"Mike Slater (President, Business Loan Services Inc, Clive, IA)
- How old is the data being used?
- The data within our products is aggregated based on the financial statements collected over the past year. If you are looking for older data, please contact us directly.
- How often is the data being updated?
- Datasets are updated annually.
- Can I obtain data from prior years?
- Yes, industry data is available for past years. Please contact us with specific interests.
- Can I obtain benchmarking data for more detailed accounts of financial statements?
- We believe that we offer a comprehensive set of financial statement accounts that is relevant to all of the industries covered in our products, while making this set more detailed may potentially reduce its reliability and relevance. However, users of the Enterprise edition of Business Analyzer have an option of having the set of benchmarking accounts customized to make it more specific to their industry group(s). To learn more of this option, please contact us.
- Can I obtain information for a specific company or companies in the sample?
- No, this type of data is not available in accordance with the proprietary nature of the data set.
- How can I learn about the calculation and meaning of the ratios presented in Business Analyzer?
- We offer three ways to obtain this information: 1) by clicking on the name of the ratio of your interest when viewing the ratio tab of the FIM report, 2) by reviewing the help section of the Online Library in the Business Analyzer application (login required) and 3) by reviewing the Glossary section of the support website.
- What happens if a particular industry group has a very small number of companies?
- The smallest industry groups for which we present data contain 7 companies. However, this size is potentially less reliable and if you consider this comparison base to be too small, we suggest that you obtain a report for a less specific group within the same major industry group. This may mean switching from a 4-digit SIC code to the corresponding 3-digit SIC code. In fact, this is what we do automatically in our products when presenting large and small industry segments for an industry that contains fewer than 28 companies.
- I think that my company belongs to a more specialized group than presented by your most specific industry aggregation level (either 4-digit SIC or 6-digit NAICS). Can I obtain the information pertaining to my group?
- While both 4-digit SIC and 6-digit NAICS codes are the most specific groups within their respective industry classification systems, our database allows for more specific segmentation analysis in some cases. If you are interested in us performing such an analysis, please contact us.
- How are the industry size segments (small, medium-sized and large) determined?
- We break industry groups down into industry specific size segments, rather than applying fixed thresholds across all industries. The companies found within the upper 25% of an industry, based on sales, are considered large, those within the lower 25% are small and the rest are assumed to be medium-size.
- Do you use the information entered by your customers in calculating benchmarks?
- No, unless it is specifically requested by Enterprise level customers, the user input is not used by us for any purpose, including to construct the benchmarking datasets. We believe that not only does this type of use raise confidentiality concerns but it also tends to reduce the reliability of the resulting datasets.
- What are the bases for the common size comparison?
- Common size comparisons for all income statement accounts are based on net sales; for balance sheet accounts they are based on total assets.
- What does the "Same Size" function provide?
- The "Same Size" function switches the comparison base used for the analysis from the total aggregate industry to the particular size segment of the company whose financial statement is being analyzed (either small, medium-size or large).
- Can I change the recommendations provided in the report for my company/my client?
- Yes, it is possible to replace the recommendations provided in the Business Analyzer application by simply replacing the text. You then have the option to save the new recommendations using the "Save Scenario" function under the Scenario menu.
- Can I save several scenarios for the same company's statement?
- Yes, but you first need to duplicate the financial statement using the "Duplicate" function provided in the Statement Menu of the Main Menu toolbar. After that you can generate and save a new scenario for each of the duplicated statements.
- How can I save the reports on my computer?
- The best way to save reports in electronic format is to save them as pdf printouts. To do so, you need to have either Adobe Acrobat or one of the free pdf generating plug-ins such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) installed on your system.
- Can I export the report to Excel?
- No, the output is not exportable to Excel. However, it is possible to export the input into an XML file, which can be opened in Excel and also be used to import it back into the FINTEL system. This functionality can be found in the Edit mode provided in the Statement Menu of the Main Menu.
- How can I perform a comparative analysis on several statements corresponding to different operating periods?
- To compare several statements to each other and to a selected industry segment, you can use the Statement Spreading tool of the system. To do this, you need to select the statements that you want to include in the analysis by clicking on them while holding the Ctrl key. With all desired statements selected, choose "Compare & Spread" found under the Analysis menu at the top of the page.