To be able to access reliable data is the most important goal for academic researchers. At FINTEL, we understand that better than our competitors because FINTEL originated out of research done at the Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship at University of Wisconsin School of Business. FINTEL was originally established with the goal to assemble and maintain the largest and most reliable database of financial and other business information of privately held companies in the United States. Over the years, FINTEL has provided many researchers with customized data services for their specific research projects.
- Have access to the largest and most reliable database of financial and other business information of privately held companies in the United States covering over 2,500 industries
- Evaluate industry profitability and discern the spread between top performers and median/low performers of the particular industry
- Analyze major differences in financial structure and performance of privately held companies (available in FINTEL's database) vs. publicly traded companies (using information that is publicly available)
- Easily perform business valuations for companies under research
- Validate analysis results and support your arguments with reliable financial intelligence
- Analyze companies for class projects using professional benchmarks
FINTEL's products are ideal for evaluating the financial performance of a business and recommending options for improvement.
Select a particular product to view more detailed information.
- FINTEL Industry Metrics reports (FIM)
- Industry financial intelligence covering over 2,500 industry groups and 900,000 privately held businesses
- Industry size breakdown into small, medium-sized and large segments specific to each industry, rather than using fixed size thresholds
- 17 commonly used key financial ratios for each industry
- FINTEL Business Scorecard (FBS)
- Concise and easy to understand snapshot of financial health of a business
- Industry financial benchmarks comparable to the business under analysis (9 ratios)
- Practical suggestions for improving financial performance