In order to make profitable investment decisions that generate higher returns at exit, Venture Investors and Private Equity Houses looking for investment opportunities in privately held businesses need to be able to quickly assess a target's performance and compare it to other players in its industry.
They also need to present their Investment Boards with reliable comparisons and benchmarks to support their analysis and to justify their recommendations.
- Evaluate a target's performance in comparison to other players of the same or in other industries
- Assess industry profitability and discern the spread between top performers and median/low performers of the particular industry
- Obtain reliable benchmarks from privately held companies of over 2,500 industry groups that are not available anywhere else and that will demonstrate the current performance of a target's business
- Convince investment boards by presenting them with performance benchmarks that are difficult to dispute using concrete numbers
- Validate analysis results and support your arguments with financial intelligence from statistically significant comparison bases
- Value/price targets or portfolio companies before investing or before a planned exit based on various measures
- Track portfolio companies performance over time and compare it to other players in the industry without wasting resources in the deepest detail, focusing on major indicators that have been proven to matter most
- Present results in a very professional manner without additional effort
- Propose recommendations based on sound analysis that upon implementation would be likely to generate significant value after a takeover or buy-out
FINTEL's products are ideal for evaluating the financial performance of a business and recommending options for improvement.
Select a particular product to view more detailed information.
- FINTEL Industry Metrics reports (FIM)
- Industry financial intelligence covering over 2,500 industry groups and 900,000 privately held businesses
- Industry size breakdown into small, medium-sized and large segments specific to each industry, rather than using fixed size thresholds
- 17 commonly used key financial ratios for each industry
- FINTEL Business Analyzer (FBA) Pro
- Easy to understand insights about the financial performance of a business. Analysis of:
- Revenues, gross margin and operating expenses
- Earnings power and profitability
- Cash liquidity position and working capital
- Ability to grow
- Fair market value
- Ability to meet loan payment obligations
- Comprehensive industry financial benchmarks comparable to the business under analysis
- Practical suggestions for improving financial performance
FINTEL also provides different training options for managers and employees of private equity firms with steep learning curves to enable them to use our tools quickly and efficiently in their business.
"With FINTEL, I get industry information that I was not able to find anywhere else."Peter Felberg (Investment Manager)
"I have looked at many long and expensive industry reports that at the end did not give me what I needed. Using FINTEL is the opposite; it's less expensive, concise and gives me exactly the numbers that I have missed in other reports."Jennifer Trust (Financial Analyst)
"FINTEL's unique dataset is the missing link in benchmarking."Brad Bewford (Financial Analyst)
"It's really hard to find benchmarks from privately-held companies but FINTEL made it much easier."Carl Doorfed (Financial Analyst)
"Fintel is a tool that separates the extraordinary from the ordinary in financial consulting. It is easy to use and provides valuable and accurate business benchmarking information about my clients' businesses. It also assists in facilitating a productive conversation between me as an accountant and the businesses owner. If you are a business consultant and do not use this tool, you are not giving your clients the best solution."Stephanie Barganz (Partner, Bodilly CPA's)
"We always need comparables for our projects and thus far had to use public companies' information. Now we are using FINTEL in addition and our analysis has just so much more substance."Angelina Finster (Partner)
"First Research evaluated a number of companies to provide financial information for our reports. FINTEL's leading industry database made our decision to partner with Fintel an easy one. Fintel is fast becoming an industry leader in the financial benchmarking and credit scoring businesses helping banks, consultants, and other organizations improve their loan portfolios and businesses. We look forward to our continued partnership with Fintel."Tyler Rullman (Vice President of Development, First Research, Raleigh, NC)
"I was looking for reliable financial data from various industries. With FINTEL, I got exactly what I needed."Melissa Miller (Senior Analyst)
"When working on a new investment project, I need industry research and for the financial part of it I always get a FINTEL report. Have not found anything better yet."Ming Tse (Investment Manager)
"We spent a lot of time and money valuing our business to find out that with the FINTEL valuation we would have ended up with roughly the same result at a fraction of the effort."Harry Kaufmann (Business Owner)