Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) that like to provide consultancy services to clients beyond traditional tax advisory need to be able to quickly and effectively evaluate the financial performance of their clients and suggest sound financial improvement strategies.
They also need to present their clients with reliable comparisons and benchmarks to support their analysis and to justify their recommendations.
If you would like to have your logo on the FINTEL outputs provided to your clients, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss all licensing and private labeling options with you.
- Acquire new clients by being able to provide unique benchmarks and valuable business tools that other CPAs will not offer (beyond traditional GAAP accounting and tax statements)
- Present reliable benchmarks from privately held companies operating in over 2,500 industry groups that are not available anywhere else and that will demonstrate the current performance of their client's business and that can be presented in addition to traditional accounting reports
- Help clients understand their company's financial performance and generate "eye-openers"
- Track a client's business performance over time and compare it to other players in the industry without wasting resources in the deepest detail, focusing on major indicators that have been proven to matter most
- Convince clients by presenting them with performance benchmarks from the client's specific industry that are difficult to dispute, focusing on critical performance indicators in addition to traditional accounting measures
- Convince bankers and insurance agents with arguments using a language that they can understand – numbers
- Use a very effective system to help evaluate a client's business
- Set yourself apart from others that focus on traditional accounting and tax work only
- Present results in a very professional manner without additional effort
- Propose recommendations based on the analytical expertise derived from years of experience and proven successful in many similar cases
FINTEL's products are ideal for evaluating the financial performance of a business and recommending options for improvement.
Select a particular product to view more detailed information.
- FINTEL Industry Metrics reports (FIM)
- Industry financial intelligence covering over 2,500 industry groups and 900,000 privately held businesses
- Industry size breakdown into small, medium-sized and large segments specific to each industry, rather than using fixed size thresholds
- 17 commonly used key financial ratios for each industry
- FINTEL Business Scorecard (FBS)
- Concise and easy to understand snapshot of financial health of a business
- Industry financial benchmarks comparable to the business under analysis (9 ratios)
- Practical suggestions for improving financial performance
- FINTEL Business Analyzer (FBA) Pro
- Easy to understand insights about the financial performance of a business. Analysis of:
- Revenues, gross margin and operating expenses
- Earnings power and profitability
- Cash liquidity position and working capital
- Ability to grow
- Fair market value
- Ability to meet loan payment obligations
- Comprehensive industry financial benchmarks comparable to the business under analysis
- Practical suggestions for improving financial performance
FINTEL also provides different training options for accountants with steep learning curves to enable them to use our tools quickly and efficiently in their business.
Stephanie A. Barganz, CPA, CVA, SPHR
Partner at Bodilly CPAs & Consultants, LLP
In 2005, I began working with a manufacturing client, annual revenue of $3 million. The owner had just moved into a new space and had acquired some new equipment. He had above average knowledge of accounting software, yet the financial data he was looking at was not helpful. We sat down and discussed possible areas of improvement. I spent about one month getting his figures to make sense and verify accuracy. After that we saw what the company's profit margins really were.
Equipped with the Fintel software on my laptop, I set another meeting with the owner. I was able to take his updated data and show him several areas that we needed to address over the next 12 months. The following were all items that we identified using FINTEL Business Analyzer that would positively impact his business:
- A/R in terms of days to collect was an average of 122 days. The industry average was 34 days. By entering in a new average of just 65 days we dramatically increased the business's cash flow and net balance position. We implemented several strategies to move this closer to the industry. Today the A/R average days to collect for the company is at 32 days.
- A/P in terms of days collected was at 45 days. We determined that this had to be reduced by 5 days to improve the client's credit rating.
Cash for Growth was another difficult issue. This business had just invested a significant amount of capital into equipment. Using FINTEL's liquidity analysis, we could clearly see that the company would be short $100,000 in the next few months. We then used FINTEL's loan prediction tool to see if a bank might provide credit, how high this line would need to be and what rate they might charge. Since we knew all of this information before the problem arose, the owner was in fact able to secure a line of credit for $100,000 before he needed it. The FINTEL calculations proved to be accurate as the line was tapped into three months later and covered the company's liquidity needs. Had we used the Return on Asset Investment tool prior to the purchase of his new equipment, the owner admitted that he would have delayed the decision by a year.
The FINTEL tool was also used to analyze profit margins. The owner had determined that he was actually loosing money with two larger clients. Over the next 12 months, three price increases were planned and well communicated. In addition, one of the loss generating customers, was dropped.
With our assistance and supported by the FINTEL tools, the client has made significant progress to improve his company's performance. What would normally have taken our firm several hours to complete and present, with FINTEL we could do it in a live discussion with the owner in an hour. The real time impact of the decisions and the visual results were the convincing factor for the owner. FINTEL is still the tool of his and our choice when developing a performance review for his company.
"Fintel is a tool that separates the extraordinary from the ordinary in financial consulting. It is easy to use and provides valuable and accurate business benchmarking information about my clients' businesses. It also assists in facilitating a productive conversation between me as an accountant and the businesses owner. If you are a business consultant and do not use this tool, you are not giving your clients the best solution."Stephanie Barganz (Partner, Bodilly CPA's)
"The secret in getting new clients and keeping them is doing more than tax returns. With FINTEL, I found an incredible tool to differentiate myself, provide new services and increase my billings."Christina Perry (CPA)
"Just picked up a new client. I think what sold him finally where the FINTEL reports that I could show him. He was really impressed by the information he can get from me about his industry."George Watson (CPA)
"When meeting a potential new client, I always prepare myself with a FINTEL report. The prospects are usually amazed by my understanding of their industry, something they usually do not find in other consultants."Thomas Kitkowski (CPA)
"I sell my clients on the conviction that I can discover and unlock unused potential in their business. FINTEL points me to the "gold mines" and even lets me put a $ number behind it."Bill Stewart (Consultant, CPA)
"I paid my accountant $2,500 for similar information that was junk compared to this."Steve Springer (Business Owner)
"This is stuff my CPA should be doing… I'd switch my accountant if one did it."Bob Antebi (Business Owner)
"A networking partner of mine is a CPA and one of his clients is a Title company. We used the Title company as a ‘test' subject so the CPA could get a better sense of how Fintel worked and what was possible and as it turned out, the Fintel report was able to put numbers to an issue that the CPA had been trying to work out with his client for a while and ultimately convinced the client to take action because of the report."Shawn Kinkade (President, Aspire Business Development)
"My clients love the FINTEL reports that I give them in addition to their financial statements every quarter. I think its one of those things that help me retain clients longer than other CPAs."Maria Flores (CPA)
"I am not just in the tax business, I help my clients to improve their results and with FINTEL I could extend my services and improve my bottom-line as well."Jennifer Hausman (CPA)
"I selected FINTEL because I can be sure that my clients' data is protected and not being used."Walter Rautmann (CPA)